Fulton County communities and organizations are readying for this year’s round of Halloween fun.
Here’s a rundown:
• Boofest in downtown Rochester is Thursday, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Following that is the annual First Financial Bank costume contest, on East Eighth Street. Downtown drivers should watch for the first half-block of East Eighth Street to be restricted or closed until the contest is over.
• Faith Outreach Center, 1125 E. Ninth St., will have trunk and treat from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Rochester trick-or-treat hours are 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Fulton Liberty Lions’ costume contest is at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the Fulton Community Building. There will be prizes in six age groups, including adults, and cash prizes for the top three winners in each group.
Trick-or-treating follows from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday.
• Akron festivities start with a 5 p.m. Saturday parade from Town Square Park to the fire station. Costume contest judging begins at 5:30 p.m.
Trick-or-treating is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday.
• Beaver Dam United Methodist Church is having trunk and treat from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot across from the church, 9798 W. 1000 South, Akron. There’s a prize for the best decorated trunk. There also will be hayrides and snacks. All children are welcome.
• Kewanna trick-or-treating is 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
During those hours the Kewanna United Methodist Church is having truck or treat at Pearl and Toner streets. Attendees are welcome to have a hot dog and drink in the church annex.
Also, the Kewanna Church of Christ invites children to play games and crafts during trick-or-treating hours.
• Trick-or-treating hours in other towns: Argos – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday; Culver, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday; Winamac, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday; Monterey, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.